Thank you for your interest in Bixby School! We are looking forward to getting to know your family as we explore our community together!
Step 1 – Request Information
Contact our Admissions Office to let us know you are interested in learning more about Bixby School. First steps are usually to have a phone conversation, schedule a private tour or to register for one of our open houses. You can email our Admissions Director directly at email@example.com or call 303-494-7508 #6.
Step 2 – Visit Campus
Private Parent/Guardian Tours
Schedule a private tour to explore Bixby during a regular school day. You will see our campus, our teachers and our community in action. Initial private tours are intended to be adult only but children are certainly welcome if other arrangements are hard for you to make! Tours are given several times a week upon request. Please email our Admissions Director at firstname.lastname@example.org directly to schedule your private tour.
Register for one of our admissions events by emailing email@example.com. We have a number of open houses scheduled throughout the busiest times of the admissions season. Open houses provide another glimpse at our school and community and we encourage applicant families to attend both an open house and a private tour if possible.
Step 3 – Complete the Preschool or Elementary Application
For New Families: Applications for the upcoming school year are accepted on a rolling basis but we recommend early application (between September and February) preceding the school year of interest. The application can either be mailed or scanned and emailed to us. The application forms are downloadable and oyu can access them under the resource menu on this page. If you choose email, please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All New Applicants: Complete the Bixby Preschool or Elementary School Application to help us learn about your child and submit the application fee ($100).
- New Preschool Applicants: If your child has attended another preschool, please distribute the Bixby teacher feedback form to your child’s teacher. You can also email your teacher an electronic copy of the form. Have your child’s teacher return the form directly to Bixby School.
- For New K-5 Applicants: Distribute the teacher recommendation form to your child’s teacher(s). Have your child’s teachers mail the forms directly to Bixby School.
- School Records Release Form: Please submit this signed form directly to your child’s school. You are strongly encouraged to submit copies of your child’s records and pertinent documentation directly to Bixby School if you have them in your possession. This helps us process your application more quickly while we wait for the official transcripts and all records to arrive.
- Student Visit and Assessments (see Step 5 below)
- If you intend to apply for tuition support, applications must be completed through SSS (our school code is 193120), and are due, separately from your application for admission, by March 1, 2018 for new students, and by December 4, 2017 for returning families. SSS opens for applications on October 12, 2017. Applying for tuition support after these deadlines is contingent upon the availability of tuition support funds.
Step 4 — Student Visit
Upon receipt of your application, Bixby School will contact you to schedule your child’s shadow visit or family visit (depending on your child’s age and grade level application).
For Preschool applicants: We will schedule a family visit for you and your child. During that time, you will spend time in our preschool to explore the program with your child and “take up some space” together with us. This will provide us with a glimpse of your child and start the journey of getting to know each other.
For students applying to K-5: Students applying to K spend a morning with us. Students in grades 1 and 2 spend one to two days with us and students applying to grades 3, 4 or 5 spend two full days with us. Visiting students fully participate fully in our school day during their visit. A literacy and a mathematics assessment during their visit will help us explore glimpses of their academic disposition. We know that being in a new place, surrounded by new people can be challenging for some and we all strive to make the experience positive and nurturing for our visiting applicants.
Step 5 — Confirm Teacher Recommendations & School Records
Your child’s current teachers/school may need a gentle reminder to complete and send in the teacher recommendation forms and school records. Please follow-up with your child’s current teachers/school. We can only review an applicant’s file once it is complete.
Step 6 — Admission Decisions Notification
Bixby School will send admission decisions to new families on a rolling basis. Contracts will be offered starting in January. Families who have applied for financial assistance will be notified of any financial assistance allocation within four weeks of receiving their offer of admission.
Step 7 — Enroll in Bixby School
To enroll, new families must return their signed enrollment contract and the required deposit within 10 business days of receiving the admissions offer.
We know that choosing a school is an important decision, and we are here to support you every step of the way!