At Bixby School we believe that our community is enriched by families and students from many different backgrounds and therefore a Bixby education should be accessible to as many families as possible. Our goals are to welcome and support qualified students and their families, including those who may not be able to attend our school without tuition support or scholarships.
All tuition and scholarship awards are based on a family’s demonstrated need, and they are available to families in our K-5 program or families who have children in both our K-5 and Preschool program concurrently enrolled. We are currently not able to offer financial support to families who are enrolled in our Preschool program only. In order to determine a family’s financial need, Bixby School has partnered with the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) by NAIS. This allows SSS to provide Bixby School with a Family Contribution Statement that will be used to determine the amount of aid awarded for the upcoming school year. In addition, copies of your family’s income tax returns, W-2s, K-1s and 1099s must be provided to SSS directly. All information received will be held in strictest of confidence.
Please familiarize yourself with the information regarding our tuition support and scholarship policy as well as our procedures, and application timelines so you are well aware of deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Please feel free to contact Admissions should you have any questions at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to collaborating with you!
Your Tuition Support Committee
What happens if I miss the deadlines?
Unfortunately you are at a disadvantage if you file is not complete within the time frames listed here. While we understand that unforeseen circumstances can lead to a delay in submitting and completing your file, we start making awards in February for round one applicants and in March for applicants that submitted their application after December 30th, 2017 and will continue to do so until funds run out. If you do find that your tax return is not complete by mid-March, please turn in your tax return from the previous year as well as your previous year’s W-2s, K-1s and 1099s directly to our Admissions Director. You will still be asked to turn in your current information, once you have completed the tax return process.
Is there any preference given to certain students and their families?
Priority is given to current families first (this includes families that transition from our Preschool Program to our K-5 Program and thus become eligible to apply), and then new families. Should a family experience unexpected hardship or a change in circumstances, priority may be given to those families with a documented change.
Who makes the final decision about the amount of aid awarded, if any?
At Bixby School we have a Tuition Support Committee in place that includes our Head of School, Admissions Director, Academic Directors and Business Manager. All committee members treat this information with the utmost confidentiality.
1. Our tuition support application window is from October 25, 2017 to March 15, 2018 (unless you are a new family enrolling after the March close-out date). Returning families are strongly encouraged to apply by December 30th, 2017 to be included in the first round of financial awards. Please go directly to the SSS website to apply for tuition support and provide the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) to SSS at http://sssbynais.org. Please select “Website for Parents and Families” on the site and click on “Complete your PFS”. You will also find complete instructions as well as support from SSS directly through their customer support. These are valuable resources, should you have any questions on how to fill out and submit the SSS application.
2. The Bixby School Code is 193120. Please use it to ensure you are applying at our school! Please also ensure to select the appropriate academic year!
3. Provide a signed copy of your 2016 Income Tax Return (1040) including all schedules, W-2s, K-1s and 1099s to SSS. Information on how to do this is located at the parent site, provided above. If your current year W-2 is not complete, please provide the previous year’s W-2.
Please know that information you share with SSS is treated with the utmost confidentiality and security.
All documents are handled in secure facilities, the data is protected by multiple layers of information-security protections, and all processing systems are protected by a sophisticated network of hardware and software.
4. While no supplementary information is required we do encourage families to share special circumstances not captured in the Parent Financial Statement (PFS). This information can help us in guiding the tuition support and scholarship awards and you can provide this information online in the “Additional Comments” section of the PFS.
5. Please note: We can only review complete files. This means that you are responsible for submitting, jointly or separately, the parents’ financial statements, including signatures, W-2s, K-1s and 1099s. Without those forms we will not receive your file from SSS and have no way of considering your application.
6. Bixby School will notify returning families from the first round of applications starting February 1st, 2018 and contact families that have applied after the December 30th cut-off starting March 1st, 2018 for tuition awards for the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholarship awards are made on a rolling basis and as new families apply.
7. Requests for tuition support received after March 15, 2018 will only be considered if funds are still available.
To view our policy for awarding tuition support, please click HERE
October 25th, 2017 Application period for tuition support opens
December 30th, 2017 Application period for first round applicants closes – returning families please apply by this date for early awards!
March 15th, 2018 Application period for 2018-2019 Tuition Support ends
February 1st, 2018 Tuition Support Notifications for first round applicants begin
March 1st, 2018 Tuition Support Notifications for applicants that applied after December 30, 2017 begin
The Pat and Bart Founders’ Scholarship Awards
Bixby School is proud to announce two scholarships for new students joining our community in grades 3, 4, and 5 (in any of those grade levels). In keeping with our founders’ commitment to providing the richness of a Bixby education to students who may not otherwise be able to be part of our community, we are accepting applicants on a rolling basis as new families are applying to our school (starting after August 2, 2016). Our founders strongly believed that working families especially should have access to an education and community that truly support the whole family and all aspects of a child’s development; academic, social and emotional growth in a strong community. Decisions to award these scholarships are at the discretion of the Tuition Support Committee. The two scholarships are full-tuition scholarships for students over a one, two or three-year period. At any one given time, there is a total of two recipients only. Scholarship recipients need to continue to show a demonstrated need as documented by annual SSS application and submission of all financial documents as required from ALL tuition support applicants by completing the SSS process in a timely manner. Continued admission of the scholarship recipients falls under the same policies as continued admission for all our students. Scholarship recipients’ families are responsible for the facilities fee for every academic year they attend. For more details about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-494-7508 #6.