Thank you for your interest in Bixby School! We are looking forward to getting to know your family as we explore our community together!
Step 1 – Request Information
Please Request More Information and our Admissions Office will contact you. If you have not already done so, please consider making an appointment to visit. We would very much like to meet you and encourage you to tour our school and campus.
Step 2 – Visit Campus
Private Parent/Guardian Tours
Schedule a private tour to explore Bixby during a regular school day. You will see our campus, our teachers and our community in action. Initial private tours are intended to be adult only but children are certainly welcome if other arrangements are hard for you to make! Tours are given several times a week upon request. If you have not already, please fill out our inquiry form.
We have a number of open houses scheduled throughout the busiest times of the admissions season. Open houses provide another glimpse at our school and community and we encourage applicant families to attend both an open house and a private tour if possible. Sign up for an Open House here.
Step 3 – Complete the Preschool or Elementary Application
For New Families: Applications for the upcoming school year are accepted on a rolling basis but we recommend early application (between September and February) preceding the school year of interest. Go to Admissions Online
- All New Applicants: Complete the Bixby Preschool or Elementary School Application online to help us learn about your child and submit the application fee ($100).
- New Preschool Applicants: If your child has attended another preschool, please distribute the Bixby teacher feedback form to your child’s teacher. You can also email your teacher an electronic copy of the form. Have your child’s teacher return the form directly to Bixby School.
- For New K-5 Applicants: Distribute the teacher recommendation form to your child’s teacher(s). Have your child’s teachers mail the forms directly to Bixby School.
- School Records Release Form: Please submit this signed form directly to your child’s school. You are strongly encouraged to submit copies of your child’s records and pertinent documentation directly to Bixby School if you have them in your possession. This helps us process your application more quickly while we wait for the official transcripts and all records to arrive.
- Student Assessments: We also require: teacher recommendations, previous teacher’s reports, educational and/or therapeutic evaluations, testing results, learning plans and/or IEPs, and documentation of any other needs or talents. We will request permission to contact or meet with medical and/or educational professionals, such as doctors, physical/occupational therapists, neuropsychologists, learning specialists, or consultants, during the admissions process. Parents may be asked to schedule and pay for the cost of an evaluation before, during, or after the admissions process if one is indicated and hasn’t been completed within 12 months of potential enrollment.
- If you intend to apply for tuition support, please contact email@example.com
Step 4 — Student Visit
Upon receipt of your application, Bixby School will contact you to schedule your child’s shadow visit or family visit (depending on your child’s age and grade level application).
For Preschool applicants: We will schedule a family visit for you and your child. During that time, you will spend time in our preschool to explore the program with your child and “take up some space” together with us. This will provide us with a glimpse of your child and start the journey of getting to know each other.
For students applying to K-5: Students applying to K spend a morning with us. Students in grades 1 and 2 spend one to two days with us and students applying to grades 3, 4 or 5 spend two full days with us. Visiting students fully participate fully in our school day during their visit. A literacy and a mathematics assessment during their visit will help us explore glimpses of their academic disposition. We know that being in a new place, surrounded by new people can be challenging for some and we all strive to make the experience positive and nurturing for our visiting applicants.
Step 5 — Confirm Teacher Recommendations & School Records
Your child’s current teachers/school may need a gentle reminder to complete and send in the teacher recommendation forms and school records. Please follow-up with your child’s current teachers/school. We can only review an applicant’s file once it is complete.
Step 6 — Admission Decisions Notification
Bixby School will send admission decisions to new families on a rolling basis. Contracts will be offered starting in January. Families who have applied for financial assistance will be notified of any financial assistance allocation within four weeks of receiving their offer of admission.
Step 7 — Enroll in Bixby School
To enroll, new families must return their signed enrollment contract and the required deposit within 10 business days of receiving the admissions offer.
We know that choosing a school is an important decision, and we are here to support you every step of the way!