At Bixby School, preschool is the first step of the journey for our children and families towards growing into our community and exploring the joy of being an individual among friends, teachers, and other families.
Our preschool has distinct features that allow for rich experiences and a day that embraces our children with love, intention, and a sense of wonder:
- Play-based program delivered by licensed early childhood educators
- Mixed-age program of 2 1⁄2 to 5-year-olds
- Student to teacher ratio is intentionally low to ensure individual attention (maximum ratios are 7:1 inside; 10:1 outside)
- Full swim program that balances playful experiences with instruction in skills and water safety for our youngest students
- Specials classes that provide a balanced experience between structured and unstructured activities in small groups. Classes include: gym, music, and Spanish. Children attend these classes in small groups and meet up with our content-expert teachers
- We provide child-centered, exploratory learning opportunities that engage our children deeply and joyfully
- Outside time to play on our beautiful playgrounds or take in fresh air while gardening, making mud pies or playing with friends on our 3 acre-campus
- Part-time or full-day schedule options (3, 4 and 5-day schedules with preschool session or full-day options)
Full summer day camp program for our preschool students that you can join on a weekly, monthly or whole summer basis.