REGISTRATION OPENS: February 1st, 2023
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ENDS FEBRUARY 28, 2023!
Spend your best summer at Bixby!
Our Bixby Summer Camp is a play-based camp that centers around creativity and lots of outdoor play. Bixby Summer is open for campers entering grades K-6 as well as preschool-aged campers (2 and a half to 4 years old) with priority for our school-year families. Set on our beautiful 3-acre campus, Bixby Summer provides campers with a caring, safe environment to play and explore interests with the support of trained, mature counselors and programmers.
Preschool and K-6th Summer Camp Dates:
Week1: June 5th-9th
Week 2: June 12th-16th
Week 3: June 20th-23rd (Closed June 19th in observance of Juneteenth)
Week 4: June 26th-30th
Closed July 3rd-7th, NO CAMP!
Week 5: July 10th-14th
Week 6: July 17th-21st
Week 7: July 24th-28th
Week 8: July 31st-August 4th
Week 9: August 7th-11th
Week 10: August 14th- 18th (Only 9am-3pm, No Extended Hours)
Day Camp Hours and Prices:
K-6th Grade Program Options:
Regular Day: 9am-3pm $475/week/camper
Extended Day* (Before Care & After Care): 8am-5:45pm $575/week/camper
Preschool Program Options:
Regular Day: 9am-3pm $475/week/camper
Extended Day*: (Before & After Care): 8am-5:45pm $575/week/camper
*Extended Day offers flexible drop off and pick up times
Registration Requirement for Preschool Families: For any preschool camper who does NOT attend Bixby School during the school year, we are requiring families to register for a minimum of 2-consecutive weeks. This is in-place to ensure that each camper has the opportunity to settle into our camp program and routine.
Monday, June 19th, 2022 – Bixby Summer Camp will be CLOSED
Week of July 3rd-7th Bixby Summer Camp will be CLOSED
Example of Past Lunch Menus
Registration Requirements and Paperwork:
Every child MUST have the following items on file at Bixby Summer Camp before the first day your camper attends camp:
- Any medication administration plan and medications, if applicable
- Any dietary needs/restrictions must be provided in writing to the Director of Auxiliary Programs
- Completed and current Colorado Certificate of Immunization or an exemption form (your family’s physician can fax this certificate directly to our office)
Daily Schedule TO BE ANNOUNCED
At Bixby Summer Camp, we believe that open-ended play gives children the space and time to make meaningful connections and develop lasting friendships. Students will experience a mixture of
- guided activities based upon children’s interests,
- time to play alone or in small groups, and
- PLENTY of outside time
If your camper is withdrawn by May 1st, you will receive a full refund (not including the $70 non-refundable deposit). Any cancellation after May 1sts will receive a 50% refund (not including the $70 non-refundable deposit).
- If your camp week is canceled due to a natural disaster or public health emergency you will have the option to transfer your registration to another camp week, without penalty, if there is space available. If you are unable to transfer due to lack of availability, your registration fee will be refunded in full (minus the $70/week deposit).
- Any other transfers or cancellations are at the discretion of the Summer Camp Director. Requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
- Isolation and quarantine guidelines are subject to change and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis with guidance from public health authorities.
- A $70 deposit/week is due at registration. This is non-refundable.
Cancellation due to an illness:
- In the event that your camper is sick and can no longer attend camp, you will have the option to transfer your registration to another camp week,
without penalty, if there is space available. If you are unable to transfer due to lack of availability, you will receive a 50% refund.
Please inform the Director by email of any transfers you would like to make from one week to another. Transfers are subject to space available and at the discretion of the Director.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF POLICIES
Drop off and Pick up Hours
Camp Day Campers may be dropped off for the camp day between 8:45 am-9:00 am and picked up between 3:00 pm-3:10 pm.
Early Drop Offs/Late Pick Ups
In order to provide adequate supervision and care for campers, we are unable to accommodate early drop-offs or late pick-ups. Any camper that is dropped off more than 15 minutes before their designated drop-off time or picked up more than 15 minutes after their designated pick-up time will be charged $5 for each 5-minute increment. Please call the school to notify us of any late drop-off or pick-up changes.
CAMPER ABSENCES AND NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORIZED PICK-UP PERSONNEL
Parents/guardians must notify email@example.com or call the main office if a child will be absent. Bixby will call parents if a child is registered but does not arrive at camp and the Director has not been previously notified of an absence.
Authorized Pick Up Persons
Only authorized people may pick up a child from camp. If there is a change in pick-up, there must be a written notice including the date and name of the person who will be picking up the camper. All pick-up persons should be prepared to present a valid form of ID to staff.
QUESTIONS? Call 303-494-7508 ext. 8 or email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org
“THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to you all and this amazing school community! The video of week 1 summer camp has me crying my afternoon tea – the Williamson family continues to be incredibly grateful for each of you and your time/talents. Isla and Oliver’s lives have been richer and fuller because of this special school. Thank you!!
“Best summer camp in town!”
“Finally a camp where children can play AND learn!”
“Bixby Camp is a part of every summer for us.”
“The staff is amazing!”
“We love your camps!”
What kids have to say
“There were no tears, and if I did cry, it was only out of happiness to be back at Bixby.” – Leo, 7th Grade
“Seeing Bixby again is like seeing a friend, it’s not like a regular place, it’s more like something you’re friends with”. – Philippa, 3rd grade
“I love making new friends at camp and swimming and playing.” – Sasha, 2nd grade
“I came here for camp but stayed for school! That is how much we liked it!” – AJ 1st grade